Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 8 - Project Summary

And thus we come to the final blog in this entrepreneurial project.  On the whole, I am very pleased with how this project went.  It gave me a chance to think outside the box a little bit and really helped me see how some of the topics in class could be used in the real world. My blog was all about a possible website called Transport Orange. It's main purpose would be to help students on the Syracuse campus find transportation on breaks or on weekends to wherever they needed to go.  The website would include maps on which drivers could plot their course and those who needed rides could label their destination.  The website would then match up the two maps to find drivers going near or through that destination.  The students could then communicate with each other via the website to discuss payment, meeting times, etc.

When I first started this project it was a very general idea.  I didn't have much to work with at all.  Thankfully, the lectures every week gave me material.  I was also pleasantly surprised to have comments from my fellows classmates and the GA that gave me a lot of positive feedback.  I am now much more confident that, with some help, I can make Transport Orange a reality.  Most of the people I've talked to have told me how useful something like this would be and I am more than willing to create it. At first I thought it would be difficult coming up with ways to tie in each weeks lectures, but once my brain started working, I realized that there would be way more technology involved than I originally thought! This class has definitely helped me come up with ways to improve the project once it is actually created. And undoubtedly I will learn even more once I actually apply it.

So what started out as a class project has become a real-life goal for me.  I'm very excited to go out and put my knew knowledge to the test creating Transport Orange.  I cannot do it by myself but I am confident that it most certainly CAN happen.  And who knows? Maybe by the end of my sophomore year it will! That's the wonderful thing about technology. It can always be created and improved upon.

Comments:
Hillary Dzialowski's grocery store app
http://hillarydz.blogspot.com/
Joseph  Creighton's INTERSECT program:
http://joeycreighton.blogspot.com/
Amy Chestnut's Voice-activated TV:
http://amychestnut131.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment